It's easier than you think! Launch your blog today!
I know wondering where to start setting up a blog can be intimidating. There is a ton of information and options out there. Here is what I did. I don't have any computer background training. I don't know code (computer language). I DO KNOW how to read, point and click! It really easy that easy. I've been asked several times since launching my new blog, if I could show you how to launch your own or walk you through it, so I created this guide to help you. Yes, there are affiliate links here, meaning if you click them and use the services my Bluehost provides, I get paid at NO cost to you. If you appreciate the information I've given, I would appreciate you using my affiliate link.
Why Bluehost? I have used other hosting providers in the past. I enjoy Bluehost because it is fast, simple and inexpensive. It also does the work for you when it comes to using Wordpress. Wordpress is the software you will use to actually structure your website and blog. Don't worry, I walk you through that below, as well! Let's get to the point, if you have considered starting a blog or website, now is your time. For roughly $50 a year, you can have a site similar to mine! No need to pay someone thousands of dollars to design something you won't have control of. You have full control here so let's get started.
Get started now:
1. Click the picture below to go to my Bluehost affiliate page.
2. Click on "get started now."
4. You get a FREE domain name (i.g. BrendaHaire.com) through my affiliate link with even the basic plan! If you don't already have a domain name, enter your choice in the "new domain" box and click next. If you do already have one through another hosting company you want to direct to this new blog, enter it in the "I have a domain name" box and click next.
5. Enter your account information, select your package information, enter billing information, and click submit.6. After you submit, there will be some other options you can add if you'd like. You don't need them to start and can add them later if you decide. Then click, complete.
7. Click create your password. Make sure to write it down so you don't forget.
8. Click submit after creating your password.
12. Select your domain to install.
15. Once in WordPress, you will see a menu on the left-hand side of your screen. Select "Appearance," then, "Themes." Here you will select what you want your new blog to look like, a template, if you will. There are many choices, some free and some paid. I use a free theme called Olsen Light. Whichever theme you go with, make sure that it is "responsive," which means it will adjust for any mobile device or computer screen size. You can do a search for "responsive" themes.
16. Once you select a theme click install and then activate. You are now ready to customize your blog! You can view your blog anytime by clicking on the house in the top left corner. Most themes will walk you through customizing. If you don't have a clue what a widget is, get my FREE Basic Info to Help You Build Your Extraordinary Website PDF by signing up below.
Post your new blog in the comments so we can see what you are working on!